My first love is travel and my second love is photography.
Tools & Tricks
- 9 must have travel apps! I have been thinking about all the travel applications that I need to install before traveling on my next adventure. The reason why I am researching is because this is the first time I am traveling to a country that does not speak much of English and probably all the signboards are going to be written in non-English as well.
- Camping Checklist – I love camping! I think it’s a great way to experience living in the wild among the nature which is at its best. As a preparation of a camping trip, I decided to write down the things I need to carry on a camping trip.
- Packing list for a long overseas travel – I am creating this post with a complete comprehensive list required for long overseas travels.
- What’s in my backpack? Backpacks are very essential for all the travelers. Knowing the right things to pack in a backpack is very important. I have learned what and how to pack my backpack over the years of my travel. In this post, I have tried to list down all the things that I carry in my backpack.
- Upload on Instagram from desktop – use this awesome process of uploading pictures on Instagram.
Things to cherish
- 50 things that I am absolutely proud of – This post is the list of all the cool stuff (at least in my point of view) that I have ever done so far.
- Gorgeous sunsets of 2016 – “Sunsets are a proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” I am absolutely in love with sunsets. I love the warmth, the colors and the drama that the Sun and the sky puts up before ending the day everyday. So this post is a recollection of those spectacular shows that the Sun put up in the year 2016.
- Look back on year 2015 – 2015 was a good year for me. I did have ups and downs, but overall it was a memorable year. This post is a look back on all the happy and memorable events that happened to me in the Year 2015 :).
- Photo diary: My travels in year 2016 – Year 2016 was a good year for my travels. I traveled quite a bit. Even though the number of places I visited in 2016 was less than the number of places I had visited in 2015. But I managed to tick off some of my bucket list items. In a nutshell, I visited and lived in 9 countries, 27 cities, 9 towns, 2 villages and 3 islands.
Our sabbatical: My friend Akshata and I have decided to take a year long sabbatical in 2018 and travel around the World. This post is to write down all our bucket list items for the 2018 sabbatical.
- Greece itinerary – Greece is definitely on our list of countries we (my friend Akshata and I) wish to visit as part of our 2018 sabbatical.
Listen to my stories
- Are you a mountain person or a beach person? I have been asked this question a lot of times – if I am a mountain person or a beach person?
- Chooti – our beloved cat – A tribute to our beloved cat. Her name was ‘Chooti’, which means ‘Very intelligent’ in Kannada language. She was my Dad’s pet and she was with us for about 6 to 7 years. I have captured some of her expressions through my lens over the different time periods and this post is a tribute for our beloved Chooti.
- Happiness.. is defined by little things in life!
- Happy 1st birthday Solopassport! It’s celebration time! I remember when my friend Akshata suggested that I start writing my travel stories and publishing them as blogs, I thought what a crazy idea. I was scared and skeptical, but I decided to take a leap of faith and created solopassport. Today, its the birthday time and my solopassport has turned 1 year old.
- Indian girl’s quest for solo travel As the title suggests, I am an Indian girl who loves to travel solo. I am that perfect soul, which craves and breathes travel. My mantra is what Derek Walcott said ‘I read, I travel and I become’.
- Kung Fu Panda – My favourite quotes Kung Fu Panda is one of my favourite movies in all times. Who doesn’t love Po? The adorable awesome Panda. It is the journey of Po who goes from being a noodle seller to the Dragon Warrior.
- My favourite travel destination – I am a girl who believes in fairy tales. I love everything about them, including the mystical landscapes.
- The traveler I am Coming from a typical Indian background, travel was not something that I had explored while growing up. I was introduced to travel by my friend Rahul, about a decade ago, when I started working. My love for travel was not instantaneous, it was a gradual growth. The more I traveled, I realized that I was born to travel and I enjoyed visiting new places and meeting people from different cultures.
- Why do I write? I write because I love writing. I am not denying the fact that there are some awesome writers out there but this is my way of penning down my thoughts and writing stories.
- Why Solo travel? Solo travel for me is meditation.
“Photography is the only language that can be understood anywhere in the World“
– Bruno Barbey
Photography comes next, immediately after my first love Travel.
- August Photo Challenge (2015): A group of us decided to have the August photo challenge. The concept was simple, click a picture everyday in August and post them on Instagram.
- December Photo challenge 2015 Few of us decided to do a photo challenge in December 2015 – decemberphotochallenge2015.
- Nature Photography challenge 2016 One of my friends Evl-lynne, nominated me for the Nature Photography Challenge.
- Sydney Street photography I happened to attend a photography meetup. The theme was street photography.
© 2015-2017 Raksha Nagaraj All Rights Reserved. Reproduction, or re-transmission, in whole, or in part, or in any manner, without prior written consent of the author, is in violation of the copyright law.