Solo travel – one of the most happening words currently.
Most of us want to travel solo – Why?
Because Solo traveling is:
- The best travel one can go on.
- Liberating and educative
- A way of learning how to handle situations
- The ultimate in self-indulgence
- And etc. etc. and etc.
Yup, agreed to all of the above reasons (reasons which I have been told).
But what is solo travel for me?
For me solo travel is meditation.
I remember asking few of my friends – why should I be going to Yoga or meditation classes, when I can achieve the same outcome by sitting along the river or watching the birds fly or hearing the sound of the waves. My friends did try to convince me, but no, nothing changed my mind.
Well, few of my other reasons are:
- First things first – It provides me an opportunity to do what I love and am passionate about, which is travel and to travel with the best travel buddy I have, which is me 😛
- It provides me as an escape, away from all the drama in my life
- Allows me to clear my mind off, in difficult situations – I have come up with solutions to some of my challenges during my solo travels
- A great way to make friends – some of them for life – and yes, I have made friends along my travels
- I can be silly and stupid and I have absolutely no-one around to judge me
- And many more, the list is never ending
And last but definitely not the least – Solo travel gives me access to the limitless power of sheer awesomeness 😀 (Yes, I love Kung Fu panda).
Keep travelling and stay happy 🙂