Singapore was never on one of the countries I wanted to visit in my recent times. This year as part of my yearly travel to India, I booked my flight tickets with Scoot airlines and my transit was Singapore.
- Cost from Sydney to Singapore return = AUD 1312
I decided to make use of my transit and see Singapore. I booked 4 days in Singapore and honestly, like my other friends, I thought that it was too much time to spend in Singapore.
I booked my accommodation in one of the hostels – Quarters Hostel. The hostel was clean and very conveniently placed with respect to the location. It is on the Circular Road that has plenty of eat out options and is closer to Chinatown. The staff of the hostel are very friendly.
- Cost for 4 nights in a Standard 4 Female dorm = SGD 126.56
I booked most of my day tours either through Viator website or at the Chinatown visitor center.
My 4 days itinerary
- Cost = AUD 96.90
- Universal Studios Universal Studios is a theme park located on the Sentosa Island in Singapore. The Universal Studios market themselves as “one-of-its-kind” theme park and I couldn’t agree more.
Tour booking details: Night Safari at Chinatown visitor center
- Cost = SGD 63
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple The temple exhibits art and various sculptures of Buddha. They tell stories of culture over hundreds of years. The temple gets its name from what the Buddhists regard as the left canine tooth of Buddha.
- Night Safari The night safari is a zoo safari at the Singapore zoo. It is about discovering and exploring the world of nocturnal animals.
- Cost = AUD 81.55
- Henderson Wave Bridge The Henderson Waves Bridge is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore. It is about 36 meters above the ground level.
- Haw Par Villa
- Kranji War Memorial Kranji War memorial is a memorial and cemetery in Singapore, which honors men and women who died in the line of duty in World War II.
- Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery
- The Changi Museum The Changi museum is a museum dedicated to all the men and women who died during the line of duty during World War II. The Museum has a collection of paintings, photographs and personal effects donated by former POWs. The museum also has a chapel next to it.
Tour booking details: Gardens by the Bay in the Night at Chinatown visitor center
- Cost = SGD 74
- Gardens by the bay The Gardens by the bay is a nature park in Singapore. The garden has three waterfronts – Bay Central Garden, Bay East Garden and Bay South Garden.
- Marina Sands Bay
Tour booking details: Sentosa Island Afternoon Trip Including Merlion Tower and Tiger Sky Tower
- Cost = AUD 94.98
- Sky Cable Car & Tiger Sky Tower
- Madam Tussauds & Merlion
- Wings of Time Wings of Time is an outdoor musical fountain show at Siloso Beach in Sentosa Island. The technology and the storyline is spellbounding. It is the only show in the World that is permanently set in the sea.
Tour booking details: Singapore Zoo with Transfer and Optional Breakfast with Orangutans
- Cost = AUD 70.03
- Breakfast with Orangutans
- Singapore Sling
- Singapore Chilli Crab
After traveling in Singapore for 4 days, I feel that even 4 days is less in Singapore. The city offers so much for the tourists. I am in love with Singapore and I will definitely come visit again.