I have been thinking about all the travel applications that I need to install before travelling on my next adventure. The reason why I am researching is because this is the first time I am traveling to a country that does not speak much of English and probably all the signboards are going to be written in non-English as well. So, after researching a lot, I have listed the travel apps that I think are the minimal set of travel apps and would help me in my travels.
- Google Translate – I would definitely rate this app as the first if you are traveling in a non-English speaking country. There is an option to download the language to which the conversion is required, which helps in offline conversion.
- Google Maps – A very handy tool, which works offline just like the Google Translate. There is an option to download version of a map of any city.
- XE – A very useful application for currency conversion.
- Weather – This app is generally available as part of the basic phone apps. Ensure the city you are visiting is added as one of the cities you wish to see the weather for. I generally use this app during my packing, as it helps me pack according to the weather. This does not work offline.
- Uber – Useful app to book uber cabs, if uber is one of the taxi operators in the country you are visiting. If not for uber, ensure you google and find which taxi operators operate in the city you are visiting. Have the taxi operator’s numbers handy.
- TripIt – A complete solution to storing all the itinerary of flight and hotel details. The app is capable of reading the emails from your inbox and creating an itinerary.
- AroundMe – An app that identifies all the places including hospitals, petrol stations, cinemas, restaurants and bars around you. A one stop solution for Google’s search ‘<place> near me’.
- Gaana or Spotify – Since I am a Bollywood music buff, I love Gaana which has pre-defined playlists of Bollywood songs. Spotify is also an amazing app to listen and explore any kind of music.
- WonderCam – If you are into selfies like me, then this app is definitely a must to get some smooth amazing selfies.
© 2017 Raksha Nagaraj All Rights Reserved. Reproduction, or re-transmission, in whole, or in part, or in any manner, without prior written consent of the author, is in violation of the copyright law.