I get asked this question a lot – “What are your favourite and top few things to do in Australia?”. The question is asked by some of the fellow travelers to plan their travels or by others just out of curiosity. Whatever the reason be, the question is same and everyone wants to know. Honestly, I feel Australia is much more than the Great Barrier Reef. It has so many things to offer and hence I have compiled a list of top 10 things to do in Australia. I have done each one of them and I have thoroughly enjoyed them.
Number 1: Heart Reef
Top on my list and my most favourite is viewing the Heart Reef from a sea plane.
- Detailed post: Even nature believes in love
- Approximate cost: AUD 219 (approx. USD 175) (only for the sea plane)
- Tour operator: GSL Aviation
Number 2: Mount Kosciuszko
Hiking the highest mountain in Australia – Mount Kosciuszko.
- Detailed post: Mount Kosciuszko – A dream come true
- Approximate cost for the tour: Free (excluding the travelling costs)
Number 3: Cage Diving with Great Whites
I think the coolest thing I have done so far is cage diving with Great White Sharks.
- Detailed post: I love Bruce
- Approximate cost: AUD 495 (approx. USD 371) (only for the cage dive)
- Tour operator: Calypso Star Charters
Number 4: Cage of Death
One more feather in my cap is the Cage of Death – cage diving with a salt water crocodile.
- Detailed post: Cage of Death
- Approximate cost: AUD 165 (approx. USD 132) (only for the cage dive)
- Tour operator: Crocosaurus Cove
Number 5: Great Barrier Reef
And the obvious one – scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Detailed post: The Big Blue World, Corals, Fishes and the Sharks
- Approximate cost: AUD 169 (approx. USD 135) (only for the cage dive)
- Tour operator: CDC Dive Centre
Number 6: Six Foot Track
This one is something that I achieved recently – it is hiking the Six Foot Track.
- Detailed post: The Six Foot Track – Complete guide!
- Approximate cost: FREE for entry to the national park
Number 7: Milky Way
One more absolutely stunning thing to do in Australia is watching or camping under the Milky Way.
- Detailed post: 10 places to see Milky Way in NSW or Glittering dots in the sky
- Approximate cost: FREE (not for the tour mentioned in the second blog)
Number 8: Abseiling
For an adventurous soul, abseiling is the answer.
- Detailed post: Abseiling!
- Approximate cost: AUD 160 (approx. USD 128) (excluding transportation)
- Tour operator: Eagle Rock Adventures
Number 9: Uluru
Knowing and discovering the aboriginal culture at Uluru must definitely be on the list.
- Detailed post: Guide to spiritual heart of Australia (Uluru)
Number 10: Sky Diving
Diving from a plane at 14,000 feet is pretty awesome – so last on my list is Sky diving. And sky diving on Great Ocean Road is icing on the cake.
- Detailed post: <Work in progress>
- Approximate cost: AUD 329 (approx. USD 263)
- Tour operator: Skydive Great Ocean Road
There are plenty of other cool stuff that one can do in Australia. My list can go on for many more things, but since this post is supposed to have the top 10 of my favourite things to do, I will stop here 🙂 .