Few weeks ago, one of the fellow travelers I know had visited this city and she accused Sydney of not having the night life. I was upset. Being in the city for past few years, this is totally not true and Sydney has an amazing night life and it has abundant pubs/bars. Knowing this fact, I am sure those travelers did not know where to look for and which pubs to go to.
I decided to write a post collating all my friends favourite hang out places and have listed few of the bars and pubs.
Saira, who is my partner in partying, suggests:
- Bungalow 8 – Because of the music. It has a mix of latest and retro songs. The drinks are reasonably priced and the crowd is a happy enjoyable crowd.
- Location: King Street Wharf, 3 Lime St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Scary Canary – If you want a cheap and a backpackers favourite, this place is the place to be. The music is latest and good and the crowd is great.
- Location: 469 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Grandmas – This is definitely a cute cosy place in the basement. It is easy to miss for sure. It has a great variety of drinks and is ideal for first dates.
- Location: 275 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
Akshay, who believes in trying any new places in town, suggests:
- Baxter’s Inn – It has the best collection of Scotch and Whisky in Sydney. If you are a lover of hard drinks, this must sure be on your list of places to visit.
- Location: 152-156 Clarence St, Sydney NSW 2000
- Papa Gede’s Bar – This is best among the best tiki-inspired and cocktail bars in Sydney.
- Location: 348 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000
Vijay, who is socially active, suggests:
- Ivy – It is a very classy place with beautiful interiors and has intimate corners. On the menu, the bar provides great cocktails. The best part of Ivy is the beautiful roof top pool bar with amazing lighting and music. It is one of the best places in the CBD to unwind and relax.
- Location: 330 George St, Sydney NSW 2000
Adarsh, who is more family inclined, suggests:
- Ettamogah Hotel – It is a great pub for families. It has a kids play area, which also includes video games, arcade games and jumping castles. It also has a live music band.
- Location: Windsor Rd & Merriville Rd, Kellyville Ridge NSW 2155
My favourites include:
- Uncle Mings – A great variety of Japanese drinks. My most favourite is the Shanghai Roller. It is a bliss to watch the bartender make this beautiful drink for you.
- Location: 55 York St, Sydney NSW 2000
- The Argyle – This definitely has great music. The crowd is great and you can dance your way the whole night.
- Location: 18 Argyle St, The Rocks NSW 2000
- The Watershed Hotel – I love this place for the music. If you are a Bollywood fan like me, then definitely head to this place, as the DJ plays at least one Bollywood song for the Indian crowd.
- Location: 198 Harbourside Shopping Centre, Sydney NSW 2000