The third walk that I did in the Muogamara Nature Reserve was the Deerubbin Lookover Walk. This is a short and a quick walk to view the wild flowers such as boronias and pink wax flowers. The walk also provides great views of Bar Island and Peats Crater.
Supposedly, the name is derived from an aboriginal word called ‘Djerubbin’, which means deep water and refers to Hawkesbury River.
- Starting and ending point: Visitor centre
- Type of walk: Return/Loop (I did the return walk as the loop was through the fire trails rather than the bushes)
- Distance: 5 kilometres
- Time taken: 2 to 3 hours
- Grade: Easy
- Path: Extension of Lloyd Trig Walk to the lookout
- Public transport: The nearest train station is Cowan station and the entrance is about 3 kilometres from the station. More details and up-to-date information can be found on NSW Transport website.
- National park fee: AUD 15 per person.