The coolest walking tour in Bucharest is the Communist Walking tour. There are free tours that run at 3 PM everyday Monday to Friday. But I did this walk on my own as I couldn’t get to the meeting place on time. The walk starts off at Romanian Athenaeum and ends at the Parliament Palace.
- Total distance: 6 kilometres
- Time taken: 2 hours
- Grade: Easy
- Landmarks covered:
- Romanian Athenaeum – a concert hall opened in 1888.
- Equestrian statue of King Carol – statue of the first king of Romania.
- Telephone Palace – office building built between 1929 and 1934.
- Revolution square – also known as Piata Revolutiei
- Victoria avenue
- Casa Capsa – a hotel built in 1852
- Military Circle
- Cismigiu Garden
- Regina Elisabeta Boulevard
- Parliament Palace – second largest administrative building in the World.