Tiger Nest Monastery, also known as Paro Taktsang and Taktsang Palphug Monastery, is a very prominent and important Buddhist sacred site in Bhutan. This monastery marks the beginning or the birth place of Bhutanese Buddhism. The sacred site consists of 9 temples out of which 1 temple is closed and is opened only once a …
Bhutan – known for many monasteries and dramatic landscapes.
- Capital city: Thimphu.
- Main language spoken: Dzongkha.
- Basic Greetings: Kuzu zangpo la (Hello), Kadrin chhe la (Thank you).
- Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa:Visa free for Indians and Visa required for Non-Indians. (latest information can be found on Bhutan Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: October to December.
- Adapter required (power points): Plug D, F and G.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
Another important item in the checklist before you travel is the vaccinations required. Before I proceed, I would like to state that I am neither a doctor nor a medical representative who has the authority and knowledge to dictate what vaccinations have to be taken and when. So, please do consult your doctor before following …
I admit that visas are one of the biggest contributors for the expenses during travels. And also the effort that it takes to get visas and the stress that we go through during those visas processes cannot be debated. My biggest savings during my career break will be obtaining these visas. One of my main …