My friend Akshata and I traveled to Vietnam many years ago. This was the time when Vietnam was still not so famous touristy destination, at least in India. We had a surprised and shocked reactions from people when we said we were heading to Vietnam for our annual Christmas trip. But Vietnam was beautiful then, …
Vietnam is known for its Buddhist pagodas and its beaches.
- Capital city: Hanoi.
- Main language spoken: Vietnamese.
- Basic Greetings: Xin chao (Hello), Xin cam on (Thank you).
- Currency: Vietnamese dong.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa on arrival for Indian citizens (latest information can be found on Vietnam Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: February to April.
- Adapter required (power points): Two flat parallel pins or Two round pins or Two round pins and Two earth clips on the side.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
Time: ~3:30 PM “I think we need to go this way, Akshata”, I told my friend Akshata. “No Raksha! Trust me, we are going the correct way”, said Akshata. As I trust Akshata’s judgement and decisions more than mine, I quietly followed. We kayaked and kayaked. God! How do people kayak? We couldn’t figure it out – …