Sofia was never in my travel itinerary. I had planned for a week in Bucharest and when I had covered pretty much all the places around Bucharest, I was not sure what else to do. And that’s when I stumbled upon Sofia in Bulgaria. I had also considered Budapest in Hungary. But after researching on…
Bulgaria is a Balkan nation in Europe known for Black Sea coastline.
- Capital city: Sofia.
- Main language spoken: Bulgarian. (Note: Not many locals speak English)
- Basic Greetings in Bulgarian: Zdraveite (Hello), Blagodarya ti (Thank you).
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev (Lev).
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Bulgaria (latest information can be found on their Immigration website). For Australian citizens, visa is not required if traveling only for 90 days.
- Best time to visit: Low season – April to May and September to October. High season – June to August.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C and E plug.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
I admit that visas are one of the biggest contributors for the expenses during travels. And also the effort that it takes to get visas and the stress that we go through during those visas processes cannot be debated. My biggest savings during my career break will be obtaining these visas. One of my main …