I have told this plenty of times, I love staying at hostels. I have found that hostels are the best places to stay in Australia, New Zealand, any country in Europe, Canada and USA. Staying at hostels has many advantages, firstly its economical when you are budgeted traveller like me, secondly you tend to meet …
Norway is one of the Scandinavian countries in Europe. Oslo is the capital city of Norway. It definitely is a dream destination! Truly one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited. The dreamy landscapes and the fjords are something to die for.
- Capital city: Oslo.
- Main language spoken: Norwegian.
- Basic Greetings: God morgen (Good Morning), Takk (Thank you).
- Currency: Norwegian krone.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Norway (latest information can be found on Norway Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: March to August (I visited in October).
- Adapter required (power points): Europlug, which has two round prongs.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
9 days itinerary
As part of travels, I traveled to 3 cities – Stavanger, Tromso and the capital city Oslo. I have shared my 9 days itinerary below:
- Days 1 & 2: Sydney to Norway
- Day 3: Stavanger sightseeing
- Day 4: Hike to the Pulpit Rock (definitely recommended)
- Day 5: Tromso sightseeing
- Day 6: Northern lights tour
- Day 7: Northern lights tour
- Days 8 & 9: Oslo sightseeing
‘I am leaving for Iceland tomorrow’, I announced proudly to all my hotel mates seated at the TV room, while waiting for my guide cum driver. I was going on chasing of Northern lights tour. The guide was preparing hot chocolate for our tour and the night. Immediately the owner of the hostel said, ‘Then …
Pulpit Rock is also known as Preikestolen or Prekestolen or Preacher’s Pulpit. It is a famous tourist attraction and hike in Ryfylke in Norway.Standing tall as a steep cliff rising 604 meters, Pulpit Rock has breath taking views of the fjord. Logistics of the hike: Hike to Pulpit Rock: 2 hours (3.8 kms each way) …
Tromsø is a city in the north of Norway. It is considered as the northern most city in the World and is also called as ‘Gateway to the Arctic’. It is one place that reminded me of Queenstown. It’s so beautiful that it looks like it has just come out of a fairy tale. My first …
What is Sverd i fjell? Sverd i fjell which means Swords in Rock in English is one of the must dos in Stavanger, Norway. It is a commemorative monument of three swords with a background of an ocean. The swords are made of bronze and stand at 10 meters tall. They represent peace, unity and …
Since I did not have anything else to do in Tromsø (as I had missed the cruise that would take me around the Fjords – I will write about it in another post), I decided to head to the beach. I remembered, my roommate Katharina had told me that the beach was about 30 to 45 …