Backpacking is one of the most common forms of travel in Europe. It is easy and convenient and most importantly economical to travel within the countries of Europe. As part of my career break, I decided to backpack for 4 to 5 weeks in Europe. I did not visit too many countries but just a …
Switzerland is a country in Europe and is known for its numerous lakes, villages and Alps.
- Capital city: Bern.
- Main language spoken: French, German, Italian and English.
- Basic Greetings in French: Bonjour (Hello), Je vous remercie (Thank you).
- Basic Greetings in German: Hallo (Hello), Vielen Dank (Thank you).
- Basic Greetings in Italian: Ciao (Hello), Grazie (Thank you).
- Currency: Swiss Franc.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Switzerland (latest information can be found on their Immigration website). For Australian citizens, visa is not required if traveling only for 90 days.
- Best time to visit: April to June and September to October.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C and J plug.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
First of all, let me start by saying Europe is a continent with 44 countries. And one cannot travel all the countries in just 5 to 6 weeks, like how people portray. I have been to Europe three times now and in spite of it I have traveled only to 6 to 7 countries. This …
I have told this plenty of times, I love staying at hostels. I have found that hostels are the best places to stay in Australia, New Zealand, any country in Europe, Canada and USA. Staying at hostels has many advantages, firstly its economical when you are budgeted traveller like me, secondly you tend to meet …
Another important item in the checklist before you travel is the vaccinations required. Before I proceed, I would like to state that I am neither a doctor nor a medical representative who has the authority and knowledge to dictate what vaccinations have to be taken and when. So, please do consult your doctor before following …
I admit that visas are one of the biggest contributors for the expenses during travels. And also the effort that it takes to get visas and the stress that we go through during those visas processes cannot be debated. My biggest savings during my career break will be obtaining these visas. One of my main …