As part of our routine Globetrotting Girls India Bangalore meetup, my friends and I decided to do a Bangalore photo walk. We wanted something easy and a route that provides plenty of photography opportunities. So we selected the churches around Bangalore’s MG Road.
Thanks to my friends Rashmi and Divya who planned out this route including all the churches in Bangalore.
- Starting point: Trinity Church, Trinity Circle.
- Finishing point: St Andrews Church.
- Distance: 3.3 kilometres.
- Grade: Easy.
- Total time: 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cost: Free.
- Path: Trinity Church – East Parade Church (not open for non-members) – St Andrews Church.
Information on churches
The Holy Trinity church is at the Trinity circle and is a major landmark in Bangalore. This church was built in 1851 for the British regiment stationed in Bangalore. Some of the statues in the church were specially carved in England.
East Parade Church
The East Parade church is located on the M G Road. It was consecrated in the year of 1865. This church is not open for public.
St Andrews Church
The St Andrews church is located on Cubbon Road. It is a Presbyterian church, consecrated in the year of 1866.