Japan is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean. Well famous for its shrines, palaces, mountains and national parks – Japan definitely must be on every traveler’s must visit countries. Tokyo is the capital city of Japan.
- Capital city: Tokyo.
- Main language spoken: Japanese.
- Basic Greetings: ohayou gozaimasu (Good morning), konnichiwa (Hello).
- Currency: Japanese yen.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Japan (latest information can be found on Japan Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: March to May or September to November.
- Adapter required (power points): Type A and B – Two flat parallel pins or two flat parallel pics and a grounding pin.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
Why should you visit Japan?
Japan, a land of culture and ancient traditions, is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited so far. It has immense amounts of breathtaking scenic beauty. Here are 10 Instagram photographs that will prove you that Japan should definitely be your next destination.
That one must visit place?
Arashiyama, also known as ‘Place of scenic beauty’, is a district on the outskirts of Kyoto in Japan. True to what it is known as, Arashiyama is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have visited in Japan.
What did I learn in Japan?
Japan was an awesome experience and I learnt their culture and humility. However, there were some interesting and intriguing things that I would definitely love to list them down – Interesting things I learned in Japan.
Where did I stay?
Things to do
My travel diaries
- Buy a Kimono
Cherry blossom festival – √
- Climb Mount Fuji
Fushimi Inari Shrine – √
- Go to Maid Coffee
- Islands of Okinawa
Japanese authentic meal – √ Kyoto’s bamboo forest – √
- Hike in the Alps in Kamikochi
Ride bullet train – √
- Sleep in a Ryokan
- Sleep in a temple
- Sleep in a capsule
- Snow Monkeys
- Tea Ceremony
- Visit Fox Village in Zao
Visit Hiroshima – √ Visit Kyoto – √
- Visit Nagasaki
- Visit Naoshima Island
Visit Osaka – √