Nepal, is a country in South Asia and is part of SAARC. It is located mainly in the Himalayas and is home for many well known hikes in the world.
- Capital city: Kathmandu.
- Main language spoken: Nepali, Hindi and English.
- Basic Greetings in Nepali: Namaste, Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in Hindi: Namaste, Shukriya/Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in English: Hello, Thank you.
- Currency: Nepalese rupee.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at Kathmandu international airport or at the local markets.
- Tourist visa: Visa on arrival can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport (latest information can be found on Nepal immigration website).
- Best time to visit: October to November and March to April.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C, D and M plug.
- SIM: Ncell and STC are the common providers can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport or at local markets in Kathmandu.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
Acclimatisation is very important!
I had always heard about the altitude sickness but had never experienced it. But this hike taught me how importantRead more.
Hiking pack (daypack and backpack)
The first lesson I learned during my Inca trail hike was that that it is important to have two packsRead more.
Kathmandu to Lukla
This is Day 2 and my friend Vijay and I are still at the Kathmandu airport waiting for our flightRead more.
Mt Everest Base Camp – Complete Guide!
Oh My God! I really cannot contain the excitement! I have finally done it. Mt Everest Base Camp – whichRead more.
Mt Everest Base Camp – Tour details
It is advisable to go with a reputed tour agent for the Mount Everest Base Camp hike. My friend VijayRead more.