Nepal, is a country in South Asia and is part of SAARC. It is located mainly in the Himalayas and is home for many well known hikes in the world.
- Capital city: Kathmandu.
- Main language spoken: Nepali, Hindi and English.
- Basic Greetings in Nepali: Namaste, Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in Hindi: Namaste, Shukriya/Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in English: Hello, Thank you.
- Currency: Nepalese rupee.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at Kathmandu international airport or at the local markets.
- Tourist visa: Visa on arrival can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport (latest information can be found on Nepal immigration website).
- Best time to visit: October to November and March to April.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C, D and M plug.
- SIM: Ncell and STC are the common providers can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport or at local markets in Kathmandu.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.