Sri Lanka, the Isle of Ceylon, is an island country located south of Republic of India. The island is home for many cultures and races.
- Capital city: Colombo.
- Main language spoken: Sinhalese and Tamil.
- Sinhalese Basic Greetings: Ayubowan (Hello), Bohoma Istuti (Thank you).
- Tamil Basic Greetings: Vanakkam (Hello/Greetings), Romba Nandri (Thank you).
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Sri Lanka and eVisa is available for Indian citizens (latest information can be found on Sri Lanka Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: South and West Coast – December to March & North and East Coast – April to September.
- Adapter required (power points): Triangular three round pins.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
Things to do