Thailand, formerly known as Siam, is divided into four regions – Northern Thailand, Northeast Thailand, Central Thailand and South Thailand.
The country is amicably known as “Land of smiles” 🙂 .
- Capital city: Bangkok
- Main language spoken: Thai
- Basic Greetings: sa-wat-dee (Hello), kop kun (Thank you)
- Currency: Thai baht
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports
- Tourist visa: Visa is on arrival for Indian citizens (latest information can be found on Thailand Immigration website)
- Best time to visit: November to April
- Adapter required (power points): Two flat parallel pins or two flat parallel pins and a grounding pin or two round pins
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required