Bulgaria is a Balkan nation in Europe known for Black Sea coastline.
- Capital city: Sofia.
- Main language spoken: Bulgarian. (Note: Not many locals speak English)
- Basic Greetings in Bulgarian: Zdraveite (Hello), Blagodarya ti (Thank you).
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev (Lev).
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Bulgaria (latest information can be found on their Immigration website). For Australian citizens, visa is not required if traveling only for 90 days.
- Best time to visit: Low season – April to May and September to October. High season – June to August.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C and E plug.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.