New Zealand (NZ) is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean. The country is mainly divided into two main islands – North Island and South Island. The country is famous for its volcanic mountains and the beautiful dreamy landscapes.
- Capital city: Wellington
- Main language spoken: English, Maori
- Basic Greetings: Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Good night, Hello and Good bye.
- Maori Basic Greetings: Ata marie/Morena (Good Morning), Kia Ora (Greetings)
- Currency: New Zealand dollar
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter NZ (latest information can be found on NZ Immigration website)
- Things you can carry into NZ: The customs or the border protection is very strict in NZ (ensure all things including souvenirs are declared correctly)
- Best time to visit: November to March
- Adapter required (power points): Angled two or three pin plugs (same as Australia)
- SIM: Spark NZ is the common provider and they can be bought at any international airports
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required
- Jetstar and Air New Zealand run frequent flights between Australia and New Zealand.
- Jetstar is definitely the most economical airline.
Food & Night life
Hikes or Walks
Things to do
Free things to do