One of the initial walks I did when in Melbourne was the MacMohans Goldfield Circuit walk. It was hard for me as I was not hiking too much back in those days. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful walk with a group of people I had met during a meetup.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you make a purchase by clicking a link on this post. This will be at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help me keep this website up and running. Thank you for your support.
How to get there?
- Public transport: There is a bus from Lilydale station to Warburton, which is the closest town. And there are trains between Flinders street and Lilydale station.
- By Road: Driving is the convenient option and the Little Peninsula Tunnel car park is about 90 kilometres from Melbourne Central Business District (CBD).
- Starting point: Little Peninsula Tunnel car park
- Ending point: Little Peninsula Tunnel car park
- Type of walk: Circuit
- Distance: 12.9 kilometres
- Time required: 5 hours
- Grade: Moderate to Hard