One of the initial walks I did when in Melbourne was the MacMohans Goldfield Circuit walk. It was hard for me as I was not hiking too much back in those days. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful walk with a group of people I had met during a meetup.
How to get there?
- Public transport: There is a bus from Lilydale station to Warburton, which is the closest town. And there are trains between Flinders street and Lilydale station.
- By Road: Driving is the convenient option and the Little Peninsula Tunnel car park is about 90 kilometres from Melbourne Central Business District (CBD).
- Starting point: Little Peninsula Tunnel car park
- Ending point: Little Peninsula Tunnel car park
- Type of walk: Circuit
- Distance: 12.9 kilometres
- Time required: 5 hours
- Grade: Moderate to Hard