My first travel to Thailand was to Phuket and Phi Phi. I had traveled to this beautiful country with my friend for 3 days. We were very new to traveling and it was one of those early day travels. In spite of it, we had a great time as Phuket and Phi Phi are surely two of the most beautiful places in Thailand.
Phuket is Thailand’s third largest island and has another 32 small islands along its coast. It lies in the Andaman Sea. Phuket was formerly known as ‘Thalang’. The letter ‘h’ is silent in when pronouncing the word ‘Phuket’.
About Phi Phi Islands
Phi Phi islands are the largest group of islands in Thailand and is a collection of 6 islands. They are located on the west coast of Thailand. The largest island of the group is Ko Phi Phi Don, which is a non volcanic island is mostly made of limestone.
Stay – Review of Karon Phunaka Resort and Spa
My friend and I stayed at one of the beautiful resorts in Phuket, Karon Phunaka Resort & Spa. We had decided to stay at this resort because of the deal that I had got through Groupon website. The resort was very pretty and was definitely a very comfortable stay in Phuket. The staff and the location was stunning.
3 days in Phuket and Phi Phi Islands
On day 1, we visited the Karon Beach and the Fanta Sea.
Karon beach is the white sand beach overlooking the Andaman Sea and is one of the longest beaches in Phuket. The beach stretches for about 3 kilometres and is on the west coast of Phuket.
FantaSea Phuket is a Thai night time cultural theme park and has many attractions such as a Thai cultural theatrical show, shopping street and a themed buffet restaurant. There are themes that showcase the Thai culture and mythology. This is definitely a must-see place to visit during the travel to Phuket. FantaSea was surely one of the interesting places we visited and we really had a great evening. It had so many things to do and there were colourful souvenirs and themes everywhere around the park.
On Day 2, we took a ferry to the Phi Phi Islands. There are two ways to get to Phi Phi Islands, one is by a normal ferry and the other by a speed boat. The ferry ride takes around 2 hours from Phuket. The Phi Phi Islands have many things to do and few of the most famous activities to do is to snorkel and sunbath. We also had a nice lunch by the beach.
Our day 3 was the exciting day of all. We hired a motor bike to drive around Phuket and see all the sightseeing places. We visited:
- Kata Noi Beach – Around 700 metres long, Kata Noi Beach is a private and less crowded beach in Phuket. It is a great place to relax under the sun.
- Karon View Point is a viewpoint providing stunning views of the Andaman Sea. It is one of the iconic landmarks in Phuket.
- Promthep Cape is a look out and one of the photographed points in Phuket, especially at sunsets. Also known as Laem Promthep, Promthep Cape is a small peninsula located west of Rawai.
- The Big Buddha – At a height of 45 metres, the Big Buddha is another famous tourist spots in Phuket. The Big Buddha is the seated Maravija Buddha statue. It is open between 8 AM and 6 PM everyday.
- Wat Chalong Temple – Built in the 19th century, Wat Chalong temple is a Buddhist temple in Phuket. Its real name is Wat Chaiyathararam and is one of the most important 29 Buddhist temples in Phuket. The temple is open between 8 AM and 5 PM.
- Phuket Town – We walked around the town to see some of the most beautiful souvenirs and clothes. There were plenty of things to shop.
Phuket and Phi Phi Islands will always be very close to my heart as they were the initial few places I had visited. I had a great time. But I would love to visit them again and spend a longer period of time exploring all the islands around.
If you are looking for tours and trips? Then definitely check out Viator.
If you liked this article, do comment, tweet, or share this post.
Do you have a question? Or want any suggestions, and tips for travels, hikes and scuba dives? Use the Subscription box below to sign-up and get updates by email.
For savings on your travel insurance, check out the Travel Insurance Saver.