Yes, I am participating in the Bloody long walk this year. It is 35 kilometres at a stretch walk on the 8 September 2019. The walk is owned and operated by the Mito Foundation. The purpose of this walk is to raise funds to help find cures for the mitochondrial disease (mito). Mito is a debilitating and potentially fatal genetic disorder that impairs the body’s ability to convert food into the energy needed to power muscles and major organs. I am raising funds as well to support this organisation. If you would like to make a donation, please do so by donating using the link: https://event.bloodylongwalk.com.au/fundraisers/rakshaprasad/sydney-north
Note: Even a dollar makes a huge difference. And special thanks to all of them who have donated already.
The walk starts from Palm Beach and finishes at Manly Beach and it takes about 8 hours to finish it. It is through the ocean lookouts, cliffs and national parks. I am really looking forward to it.
- Registration website: https://www.bloodylongwalk.com.au/
- Registration cost: AUD 99.22
- Distance: 35 kilometres
- Time taken: 7 to 8 hours
- Starting point: Palm Beach
- Finishing point: Manly Beach
- Path: Palm Beach – Whale Beach – Avalon Beach – Bilgola Beach – Mona Vale Beach – Turimetta Head Lookout – Narrabeen Peninsula – Collaroy Rockpool – Long Reef Point – Dee Why Beach – Curl Curl Rockpool – Freshwater Lookout – Manly beach
- Public transport: There are buses between Circular Quay and Palm Beach. Refer NSW Transport website for up-to-date information.
Preparation of Bloody Long walk
I did start preparing for this week a few weeks in advance. I started off with small 7 to 8 kilometres walk with the group and then graduated on to the long 20 kilometres walk. We also plan to do a dress rehearsal of the walk two weeks before the actual walk, i.e. take the exact path and do the same distance.
[catlist name="Bloody Long Walk"]