One of the must do walks in the Blue mountains is the Valley of the Waters. The walk is into the canyon and passes through the various waterfalls. It provides an astonishing views of the Blue mountains and the waterfalls along the way.
Are you visiting Blue Mountains for the first time? Then read my post Blue Mountains as a tourist.
Please note: This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a commission if you make a purchase by clicking a link on this post. This will be at no additional cost to you. Affiliate links help me keep this website up and running. Thank you for your support.
Where is Valley of the waters?
The Valley of the waters is in the Blue Mountains National Park and the track goes through many waterfalls. It is considered as one of the best and amazing hikes. The walk starts at the Conservation Hut which is a small cafe.
How to get to the Valley of the waters?
The Conservation Hut is around 100 kilometres from Sydney Central Business District (CBD) and the drive takes around 1 hour 20 minutes.
- The route has toll roads.
- There are free parking spots available.
The public transport is a combination of a train and a bus from and to Sydney.
- Trains – The Blue mountains line from the Central train station in Sydney goes to the Wentworth Falls train station.
- And then one needs to take bus number 685 from the Wentworth Falls train station to the Great Western Highway Before Falls Road.
- Up to date information on the trains and buses can be found on the Transport for NSW.
Valley of the waters walk
The walk is quite challenging with the path being slippery. Even though this is one of the hard walks, the walk is totally rewarding and is worth it. It is definitely one of the best walks I have done in the Blue mountains.
- Starting and finishing point: The Conservation Hut.
- Distance: 6 kilometres return.
- Type of walk: Return. The path goes down and then comes back up.
- Time required: ~5 hours.
- Grade: Hard.
The Valley of waters in the Blue Mountains is one of the challenging one day hikes in the Blue Mountains. I would recommend doing this walk as it is one of the most famous walks. The waterfalls on the track are spectacular and very pretty.