Oh My God! I really cannot contain the excitement! I have finally done it. Mt Everest Base Camp – which was a distant dream – I have done it!!! This has been the epitome of all the adventurous things I have done so far in my life. But I will for sure confess – I …
Nepal, is a country in South Asia and is part of SAARC. It is located mainly in the Himalayas and is home for many well known hikes in the world.
- Capital city: Kathmandu.
- Main language spoken: Nepali, Hindi and English.
- Basic Greetings in Nepali: Namaste, Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in Hindi: Namaste, Shukriya/Dhanyawad.
- Basic Greetings in English: Hello, Thank you.
- Currency: Nepalese rupee.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at Kathmandu international airport or at the local markets.
- Tourist visa: Visa on arrival can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport (latest information can be found on Nepal immigration website).
- Best time to visit: October to November and March to April.
- Adapter required (power points): Type C, D and M plug.
- SIM: Ncell and STC are the common providers can be obtained at Kathmandu international airport or at local markets in Kathmandu.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
I had always heard about the altitude sickness but had never experienced it. But this hike taught me how important it is to acclimatize and not to take altitude for granted. This story is to talk about how important acclimatisation is. Let me give you a real life example, where my porter Ashish suffered a …
This is Day 2 and my friend Vijay and I are still at the Kathmandu airport waiting for our flight to Lukla. After a lot of talking and research at the airport, we have learned that there are mainly three options (okay five) to go to Lukla. Option 1 Take a domestic flight from Kathmandu …
The first lesson I learned during my Inca trail hike was that that it is important to have two packs – the first is the backpack, carried by the porter, mainly containing clothes and things not required while hiking and the second is the day pack, carried by me, mainly containing water bottle, snacks, passport …