The Whitsunday island is a collection of around 74 islands. It lies between the central coast of Queensland, Australia and Great Barrier Reef. It is one of the most popular travel destinations in Australia. About 70% of the Whitsundays is a national park. The average temperature in Whitsundays is 25 degrees centigrade.
How to get there?
- Whitsunday coast airport located in Proserpine is the closest airport to Airlie beach. Airlie beach is the gateway to the Whitsunday islands.
- Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Tiger airways run frequent flights between Sydney and Whitsunday coast.
Where to stay?
- From luxurious resorts to the budgeted hostels, Airlie beach has plenty of accomodations. One can choose to stay at Hamilton Island or Hayman Island, which are one of the Whitsunday islands.
- The budgeted option is the YHA Airlie beach.
Things to do
I love Whitsundays and it is by far the most beautiful place I have visited in Australia. I definitely call this as the heaven on Earth and trust me I am not exagerating! There are plenty of things to do and see in Whitsundays.
- Scenic flight to see Heart Reef– For me this is definitely the top of my list. The view of the Heart Reef is amazing and breathtaking.
- Visit Whiteheaven beach – One of the top five spectacular beaches is Whiteheaven beach.
- View the sunset along the Airlie beach – I would definitely recommend doing the sunset cruise. A glass of wine and cruising over the ocean watching the beautiful sunset is something to die for.
- Sail on Whitsundays – The trip to Whitsundays is not complete without sailing over the Whitsundays. A sailing experience – definitely a must do!
- Go snorkeling or scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef – There are no questions about this! Not witnessing the marine life when visiting the Great Barrier Reef – a definite No!
© 2017 Raksha Nagaraj All Rights Reserved. Reproduction, or re-transmission, in whole, or in part, or in any manner, without prior written consent of the author, is in violation of the copyright law.