United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) is a federal country in Western Asia. The country is a federation of seven emirates – Abu Dhabi (capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain.
- Capital city: Abu Dhabi
- Main language spoken: Arabic
- Basic Greetings: as-salam alaykum (Hello), shukran (Thank you)
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter UAE and eVisa can be applied (latest information can be found on UAE Immigration website)
- Best time to visit: November to March
- Adapter required (power points): British style – Three pin wall sockets