Norway is one of the Scandinavian countries in Europe. Oslo is the capital city of Norway. It definitely is a dream destination! Truly one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited. The dreamy landscapes and the fjords are something to die for.
- Capital city: Oslo.
- Main language spoken: Norwegian.
- Basic Greetings: God morgen (Good Morning), Takk (Thank you).
- Currency: Norwegian krone.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Norway (latest information can be found on Norway Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: March to August (I visited in October).
- Adapter required (power points): Europlug, which has two round prongs.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
9 days itinerary
As part of travels, I traveled to 3 cities – Stavanger, Tromso and the capital city Oslo. I have shared my 9 days itinerary below:
- Days 1 & 2: Sydney to Norway
- Day 3: Stavanger sightseeing
- Day 4: Hike to the Pulpit Rock (definitely recommended)
- Day 5: Tromso sightseeing
- Day 6: Northern lights tour
- Day 7: Northern lights tour
- Days 8 & 9: Oslo sightseeing
My travel diaries