I had heard about Freemans Camping ground many years ago. One of my ex-colleagues had visited this campground and had highly recommended it. I kept trying to book this campground but I was never successful. The Freemans Camping ground is a very famous and a busy campground.
About Freemans camping ground
Freemans camping ground is undoubtedly one of the beautiful camping sites I have ever been to. It is a popular camping ground in Munmorah State Conservation area. The campground has access to the untouched beach Birdie Beach.
The campground has basic facilities like barbecue and picnic tables, toilets and showers, car park and drinking water. The campground is a car camping ground which means that the cars can be parked along the campsites.
How to get to Freemans camping ground?
- Freemans campground is around Lake Macquarie.
- It is about 125 kilometers from Sydney.
- It is an ideal destination for a weekend trip.
Booking and cost
- Booking is done online on NSW National Parks and Wildlife Services website.
- Cost: AUD 34 for 2 adults for one night.
What to do around Freemans?
- A walk along the Birdie Beach is absolutely breathtaking.
- Kayaking at Lake Macquarie.
- Short walks around the lakes.
- For things to do around Lake Macquarie, visit Road trip to the city of Lake Macquarie.
As the reputation of the Freemans camping ground holds, it is definitely one of the best campsites I have been to. Just a few metres from the Birdie beach, the campsite is amazing and makes a heavenly place for vacationers.