Questions from Jamie:
- Do you prefer to travel solo or with a partner?
It depends on the location where I am traveling to. I mostly love traveling solo, but once in a while I love to travel with my travel buddies.
- What is one thing you will never travel without? (A picture would be nice)
My camera 🙂
- What was the longest trip you had ever taken?
The longest trip that I have ever taken was for 18 days, which included a 11 days trek through the Himalayas, watching the parade at India & Pakistan border – Wagah Border and praying in the most sacred temple – The Golden Temple, Amritsar.
- Where and when was your first trip?
My first trip was in the year 2006. It was to a place called Coorg in the state of Karnataka, India. Coorg is a district in the state of Karnataka in India.
- Any travel horror stories?
None to specify. Touch wood 🙂
- Which is your favourite blog post?
I have many. Few to name are:
- Topdeck Travel
- On the Road Travel Blog
- Dialog with Life
- How do you keep consistent with blogging?
I try to divide me blogs based on the timelines, provide some context and talk more about my travel experiences.
- What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about exploring new places and cultures. I love talking and listening to locals. And of course am passionate about taking pictures 🙂
- Was their one particular trip that made you realize you have the wanderlust and you knew that you needed to keep traveling?
My addiction to travel was a slow paced initially. They were developed over a period of time. It started with few bike one-day trips. The more I travelled the more I realized that I needed to keep traveling.
- What is your favourite dish from abroad?
I have many favourites. Some to list are:
- Pepper chicken & rice (Indonesian)
- Stir Fry Basil Chicken (Thai)
- Hot and Spicy Chicken (Korean)
- Tell me 5 things should know about you!
- Am fast turning into a travel addict.
- My best travel buddy is my camera.
- I am game for any adventurous activities (except maybe base jumping and bungee jumping – even though I have done bungee jumping once)
- I am scared of the dark 😛
- Bungee jumping is the craziest thing I have ever done so far.
Questions from Kaustav:
- Travelling solo or in a group? Why?
As answered above, It depends on the location where I am traveling to. I mostly love traveling solo, but once in a while I love to travel with my travel buddies.
Why? I love traveling solo as it makes me feel emancipated – in my travel journey, thoughts and the experience.
- Backpacking or Luxury trips?
Backpacking wins! Any day 🙂
- Planned trips or spontaneous plans?
Spontaneous trips are more fun.
- Local food or food chains? Why?
Local food – Isn’t food an integral part of the travel experience and journey?
- Do you take a guide or an audio guide or trust the internet?
I take a guide if I visit monuments. Otherwise trust the internet.
- The hills or the oceans?
I am a crab and crab always love the oceans 😀 .
- Do you try out the adventure sports? Which ones have you done?
Yes I love adventures. Some to name are:
a) Bungee Jumping
b) Sky diving
c) Diving with the Sharks
d) Scuba diving in Great Barrier Reef
e) Trekking in a tiger reserve
- Bikes or cars to travel around?
I have enjoyed bike rides. Having said that, it is cars that I prefer now.
- DSLR/Point and shoot or Go-Pro and variants?
DSLR and my iPhone
- Do you take a lot of selfies? Why and why not?
Yes, I do take a lot of selfies 🙂 I always believe in capturing my emotions during my travel, as I always look back at my memories.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your blog about?
- What keeps you going with your blog?
- Do you travel? If yes, do you categorise yourself as a tourist or a traveller?
- Do you love taking pictures? If yes, what is your favourite kind of pictures?
- What is the best thing that you enjoy while writing?
- What is your target audience with respect to your blog?
- Do you love the mountains or the beach? Why?
- What is the most adventurous activity you have ever done?
- When and where was your first travel?
- Which is your favourite place that you have travelled to so far?
I nominate the below people:
- Akshata from Dialog with life
- Megha from Not An Ordinary Food Blog
- Chandini from Chandini Ramesh
- Neha from Life needs a holiday
- Jagdeep from Preaching Mommy
- Roota from The Purple Backpack
Thank the one who has nominated you.
Answer the questions thrown at you as honestly as you can and make 10 questions of your own.
Nominate at least 5 members who you think are deserving the appreciation and go on spread the love. Let them know by commenting on their posts.
And yes, feel free to use the badge of the award 😀