Iceland – definitely a paradise for taking pictures and making memories. Iceland is a Nordic island nation. Boasting with its dramatic landscapes of volcanoes and glaciers, Iceland is known as the “Land of fire and ice”. It is by far the safest countries I have visited. The people are warm and friendly even though the weather is harsh and extreme.
- Capital city: Reykjavik.
- Main language spoken: Icelandic.
- Basic Greetings: Halló/Góðan daginn (Hello), Takk (Thank you).
- Currency: Icelandic króna.
- Forex Exchange: Currency can be exchanged at any international airports.
- Tourist visa: Visa is required to enter Iceland (latest information can be found on Iceland Immigration website).
- Best time to visit: July & August.
- Adapter required (power points): Europlug with two round prongs.
- Driving licence: International unexpired valid driving licence is required.
8 days itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrive in Reykjavik
- Day 2 – Golden Circle Day Trip
- Day 3 – Blue Lagoon
- Day 4 – I had planned Whale watching and Aurora Borealis tour, but unfortunately it was raining continuously in Iceland and I couldn’t do this tour. Instead I hiked to a dormant volcano.
- Day 5 – Snorkeling in Silfra
- Day 6 – Reykjanes Peninsula Day Tour
- Day 7 – Gulfoss and Geysir Express
- Day 8 – Southern Iceland to Glaciers and Waterfalls
- Day 9 – Depart from Reykjavik
Note: I traveled during the off season in October.
Things to do