Before my one week of workcation at Vythiri Village Resort began, I gifted myself a luxury stay at the Windflower Resort and Spa for a night. Being a 5 star resort, the villa at the Windflower Resort and Spa screams luxury and comfort. The resort is situated between the forests and the plantations, and provides amazing views of the valleys and mountains around. In this post, I would like to list out the things I liked and a few things that I did not enjoy as much.
PIN for later reference
This article may contain affiliate links. For full information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
About The Windflower Resort and Spa
Located in Pozhuthana area in Wayanad, the Windflower Resort and Spa is on a hilly landscape surrounded by tea estates and coffee plantations. Nestled between the forests and coffee plantations, this 5 star resort is one of the best resorts in Wayanad district. It also provides stunning views of the Chembra Peak.
Booking and Check in process
The booking and the check-in process was very easy and seamless. I found this resort when I was researching for accommodation on Booking.com website. The booking process was simple, search and look for availability, key in my person details and make the required payment.
The staff at the resort were very accommodating and friendly. As I had traveled by an overnight bus, I reached the resort early morning at around 6 AM. Even though my check-in was not until 1 PM, the staff at the reception tried their best so I could get my room early.
- Note: You need to again fill in your person details at the reception while checking-in.
Rooms at The Windflower Resort and Spa
The resort has two types of accommodation or rooms. All these rooms have views of the forest.
- Suite – They are large spacious rooms with big balconies.
- Villa – This is the type of accommodation I stayed at. These are villas with large balconies and outdoor covered jacuzzi.
Dining at The Windflower Resort and Spa
The resort has an inhouse restaurant where the breakfast and meals are served. Breakfast and dinner are buffet and you can add these to your booking while selecting the room during the booking process. Honestly, I did not enjoy the buffet as the items were limited only to authentic Kerala style cuisine and the food was cold most times. However, I loved the lunch as it was ala carte and all the dishes I selected were very delicious. But do note the food is expensive.
Facilities at The Windflower Resort and Spa
Spa and massage
I have had some of the best massages at this spa. The masseur Dhanya is excellent and very courteous. On my first day, I took a therapy massage that involved scrub. Dhanya was so good that I ended up booking for another similar kind of massage the next day. If you are at this resort, definitely do not miss out the massage. The spa was clean and the oils used for the massage were very good. There are many different treatments and massages available.
- You need to pay for the massage immediately and it does not get topped up to your room. The spa accepts only cash or GPAY payments. If you wish to pay by card, then you have to walk up to the reception to make the payment.
Every morning at around 8 AM, the guests are taken on a plantation walk. As I mentioned, the property is within a forest and has many varieties of trees and plants. There are jackfruit, black pepper trees, many varieties of flower plants.
- Note: There are lots and lots of monkeys at the property. So ensure to close the windows and doors of your rooms.
The resort has indoor games such as board games (Ludo, Monopoly and Scrabble), table tennis, and dart games. You do not need to book these and you can just head to the indoor games room to play these.
The outdoor games include a swimming pool, cycling, badminton and life size chess. Again, these need not be booked but you can directly head to the place and use them if available.
What I loved/ liked about the resort?
- The staff were very friendly and nice. They were considerate to allow me for an early check-in. Even the staff at the restaurant were very good.
- The villa that I stayed in was very beautiful. It was clean and huge. And I especially loved the way bathroom was laid out.
- Loved the forest and nature around the rooms.
- I cannot complete my liking list without mentioning about the body massages that I had. The masseur Dhanya was brilliant.
- The ambience and the vibes of the resort were very peaceful and serene.
What I did not enjoy about the resort?
- I did not enjoy the food at the restaurant, especially the buffet.
- The food is pricey.
- There was no travel desk at the resort even though the manager gave me all the information when asked. But would have been nice to have a dedicated travel desk so I could have planned better.
- The resort is a bit inside from the highway because of which the travel to the other places become difficult unless you have your own car.
How to get to The Windflower Resort and Spa?
- Airport – The nearest airport is at Calicut International Airport. It is around 60 kilometres from the resort. The airport is well connected with all the cities in India and has International flights operating from the airport too.
- Bus – The nearest bus stop is in Kalpetta which is around 10 kilometres from the resort. At the bus stop, there are a plenty of auto rickshaws that you can hire. The fare is usually around INR 250 for one way ride but I was conned and the auto driver who dropped me too INR 800 for one way ride.
The Windflower Resort and Spa is surely one of the best resorts I have stayed at. The whole experience was nice and smooth. I wish I had more time at the resort to experience all the activities and things it had to offer.
Which has been your favourite stay? Let me know in the comments below.
If you are looking for tours and trips? Then definitely check out Viator.
If you liked this article, do comment, tweet, or share this post.
Do you have a question? Or want any suggestions, and tips for travels, hikes and scuba dives? Use the Subscription box below to sign-up and get updates by email.
For savings on your travel insurance, check out the Travel Insurance Saver.