My first drive with Ruhi was to Helensburgh Temple. “It is always wise to take blessings from the almighty when you buy new things.” This is something my mother always reiterates. I decided to listen to my mother and headed straight to the temple. Two of my friends accompanied me during my visit to the temple.
Where is Helensburgh/ Sri Venkateswara temple?
Helensburgh Temple, also known as Sri Venkateswara Temple, is in Royal National Park in New South Wales (NSW) state of Australia. It is one of the most famous temples in the Southern Hemisphere. The temple is built on a hill and is around 400 metres above sea level.
The temple has four encircling corridors called Praharam.
What is the specialty of Helensburgh Temple?
The Helensburgh temple is the most famous abodes of Lord Venkateswara in Australia. It is built on top of a hill and is definitely a must visit if you love temples.
Note: Anyone craving for South Indian food – there is a canteen behind the temple that sells delicious South Indian food.
How to reach Helensburgh temple?
- Driving – The Helensburgh temple is about 50 kilometers from Sydney and takes around 1 hour 10 minutes to get there. As I mentioned above, I drove to seek blessings for my car.
There are plenty of FREE parking space available inside and outside the temple premise.
- Public transportation – There is public transport available to get to the temple.
- Train: There are frequent trains between Sydney Central Railway Station to Helensburgh Railway Station.
- Bus: And there are buses between the Helensburgh Railway Station to Helensburgh Temple. The buses run between 9 am and 4 pm.
- Opal transportation/ credit or debit cards are used to pay the fare on trains and buses.
- For up-to-date information on train and bus timings, visit Transport for New South Wales (NSW) website.
The timings for the temple are:
- Weekdays: 8 AM to 12 PM and 4 PM to 7 PM.
- Weekends: 8 AM to 7 PM.
There is a canteen associated with the temple where one can get good delicious South Indian vegetarian food. The food is affordable and very tasty.
The timings for canteen is:
- Weekends: 10 AM to 4 PM.
The temple is very relaxing and is a beautiful place to get the South Indian vibes. The atmosphere is peaceful and calm.