One of the most beautiful rocks I have ever seen in my life is the Wedding cake rock. Why is it called the Wedding cake rock? Well the answer is simple – the rock formations look like the wedding cake layered up.
I had been planning a hike to this walk for close to 2 years. And then it happened – one fine day. A hike to the Wedding cake rock and I took an iconic picture of sitting at the edge. NOTE: Now there is a fence to restrict hikers/tourists to walk on the rock as it has proved to be dangerous.
How to get there?
Public transport & Access to starting point
- There are frequent trains between Sydney CBD and Cronulla station. More information on the trains can be found on NSW Transport website.
- There are frequent ferries between Cronulla ferry wharf and Bundeena. NOTE: The tickets can be purchased on the ferry, by only cash.
- Starting point i.e. Stop 3 is about 3 kilometers from Bundeena ferry wharf.
- Distance: 3.4 kilometers return
- Starting point: Stop 3 on Royal National Park Coastal Walk map
- Grade: Easy