The Hanging Rock is a huge sandstone that is overhanging from the main cliff. It is over 100 meters high. It is one of the most pictured rocks in the Blue mountains. The rock has been featured in many calendars and hiking photographs. It has also been featured in the movie “The Edge”.
The walk to the Baltzer lookout is pretty straightforward and is along the main fire trail. The lookout provides spectacular views of the Grose Valley in the Blue mountains.
- Distance: 10 kilometers return
- Time: ~4.5 hours
- Grade: Easy, except the steep walk from the lookout to the Hanging Rock
- Blackheath station is the closest station, which is about 3 kilometers from the starting point of the walk.
- There are trains available between the city (Central) and Blackheath station.
- More information can be found at NSW Transport website.
© 2017 Raksha Nagaraj All Rights Reserved. Reproduction, or re-transmission, in whole, or in part, or in any manner, without prior written consent of the author, is in violation of the copyright law.