Another spectacular walk in Blue Mountains is the Castle Head Walk. The walk provides the actual bush walking experience and has mind boggling views of the mountains.
It’s definitely one of the hikes to add while considering hiking in the blue mountains.
How to get there?
- Public transport:
- There are frequent trains between Sydney Central station and Katoomba station.
- There are frequent buses between Katoomba and Scenic World.
- More information can be found on Transport NSW website.
- Starting point: Scenic World bus stop
- Distance: 15 kilometers return
- Grade: Easy to Moderate (Moderate only because of the distance)
- Path: Scenic World bus stop – Violet Street – Short Street Cliff Drive – Narrow Neck lookout – Locked Gate (5 kilometers from bus stop) – Castle Head path (there is a board)