Are you seeking information on Gir National Park, including the Gir National Park Safari Charges? Experience the thrill of exploring Gir National Park with our comprehensive guide to safari charges. Plan your wildlife adventure efficiently with up-to-date information on entry fees, vehicle charges, and more. Unlock the wonders of India’s premier lion sanctuary hassle-free.
As an avid cat enthusiast, my passion extends from domestic felines to majestic wild cats. Delighting in safaris and forest expeditions, I eagerly seek glimpses of these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat. While I’ve yet to encounter a tiger in the wild, I’ve been fortunate to observe leopards and lions. During my inaugural journey to Gujarat, I prioritised ensuring a visit to Gir National Park, driven by my deep desire to witness lions firsthand.
PIN for later reference – Gir National Park
This article may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to purchase via my links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. For complete information, please see our affiliate disclaimer here.
About Gir National Park
Gir National Park, nestled in the Gujarat state of India, is a sanctuary dedicated to preserving Asiatic lions in their natural environment. Renowned as the sole habitat for these majestic creatures within India, it remains an emblem of conservation efforts.
Beyond the regal lions, the park boasts a rich tapestry of wildlife, including crocodiles, jackals, eagles, owls, vultures, pythons, and avian species. Recognized colloquially as Sasan Gir, it serves as a haven for biodiversity.
A 2022 survey estimates the lion population within Gir National Park to be approximately 600, underscoring its significance in safeguarding this endangered species.
Optimal times for exploration coincide with the winter season, spanning from November to March when the climate proves conducive to wildlife sightings. Additionally, the summer months of April to May offer favourable conditions as animals emerge from cover seeking relief from the heat. Notably, the park remains closed from June to October, aligning with the monsoon season.
Visitors to Gir National Park are treated to a spectacle of nature’s wonders, with each excursion promising an encounter with the untamed beauty of the animal kingdom. Whether admiring the grace of a prowling lion or marvelling at the diversity of avifauna, a journey to this sanctuary is a testament to the enduring allure of the wild.
Number of Days Required for Gir National Park
To fully immerse yourself in the splendour of Gir National Park, allocate a minimum of 2 to 3 days for exploration. However, extending your stay to 4 to 5 days is highly recommended for avid wildlife enthusiasts to maximize your wildlife encounters and fully appreciate the park’s biodiversity.
For those seeking further adventure, consider extending your trip to include a visit to Ekta Nagar, home to the iconic Statue of Unity, located approximately 470 kilometres from Gir National Park. This extension allows you to marvel at this monumental landmark while enriching your travel experience with diverse cultural and historical insights.
Also, Read Modhera Sun Temple
Gir National Park Safari Charges and Tips
Gir National Park offers a variety of safari options tailored to the preferences of visitors:
- Gir Jungle Trail Safari: Explore the heart of the jungle on this exhilarating safari experience.
- Devalia Safari Park: Encounter wildlife in a controlled environment at Devalia Safari Park, which is open every day except Wednesday.
- Kankai Safari Gir: Embark on a safari adventure through the captivating landscapes of Kankai.
Safari timings vary depending on the season, with multiple slots available throughout the day. Booking safaris online is convenient and accessible to all. The Gir Jungle Trail Safari, priced at approximately INR 4700 per jeep, can accommodate up to 6 individuals.
For the best wildlife sightings, opt for early morning or evening safaris when animals are most active. Capture stunning wildlife photography in the soft morning light, ensuring to disable flash to minimize disturbance.
Respect the sanctity of the jungle by refraining from littering and maintaining a quiet demeanour during the safari. Embrace the tranquillity of the wilderness and immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring beauty of nature.
How to Get to Gir National Park?
Travel Options to Gir National Park:
The nearest Gir National Park airport is Rajkot, which is approximately 168 kilometres away.
Junagadh and Veraval railway stations are the closest train hubs to Gir National Park. These stations offer well-connected routes to major cities in Gujarat. For updated train schedules and bookings, refer to the IRCTC website.
- From Ahmedabad: Covering a distance of about 340 kilometres, the road journey to Gir National Park from Ahmedabad typically spans around 7 hours and 30 minutes.
- From Veraval: Located approximately 65 kilometres away, the road trip to Gir National Park from Veraval takes less than 2 hours. Veraval is also home to the renowned Somnath Temple, a significant pilgrimage site housing one of the 12 Jyotirlingas.
- From Junagadh: A mere 70 kilometres separate Junagadh from Gir National Park, with the road journey lasting around 2 hours.
Where to Stay Near Gir National Park?
Accommodation options abound within Gir National Park, offering a range of choices to suit every traveller’s preferences. From upscale resorts like Woods at Sasan Resort and The Gateway Hotel to cozy lodges such as Gir Birding Lodge, visitors can find accommodations tailored to their budget and desired comfort level.
These establishments cater to a diverse array of travellers, ensuring a memorable stay amidst the park’s breathtaking landscapes and vibrant wildlife. Whether you seek the lavish amenities of a luxury resort or the rustic charm of a wilderness lodge, Gir National Park provides ample choices to enhance your experience.
Consider the following recommendations for your stay:
- Woods at Sasan Resort: Indulge in luxury amidst the serenity of the wilderness, offering top-notch amenities and personalized service.
- The Gateway Hotel: Experience refined elegance and modern comforts at this renowned establishment, perfect for discerning travellers seeking a blend of luxury and convenience.
- Gir Birding Lodge: Immerse yourself in nature at this charming lodge, ideal for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts seeking a cozy retreat amidst the wilderness.
With different accommodation options available, Gir National Park promises a memorable and comfortable stay for all travellers, ensuring an unforgettable journey into the heart of nature.
Is Gir National Park Safe for Solo Female Travellers?
Gir National Park offers a secure environment for solo female travellers who adhere to designated trails and park regulations. Given the presence of wildlife within the park, it’s advisable to avoid wandering alone on undefined paths. Exercise caution, particularly after dark, to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Also, Read Rani Ki Vav
If you’re embarking on solo travel for the first time or have numerous queries, consider perusing frequently asked questions about solo travelling. Gain insights and tips to kick-start your solo adventure with confidence and preparedness. Whether you’re seeking guidance on destinations or navigating the logistics of solo travel, these FAQs provide valuable information to empower your journey.
Gir National Park is an extraordinary destination in India, offering an unparalleled experience worth exploring and dedicating several days to. I strongly advocate indulging in a safari to witness the captivating Asiatic lions in their natural habitat.
Also, Read Places to Visit in Vadnagar
Have you ever had the opportunity to observe lions in the wild? Share your encounters and cherished memories in the comments below. Your firsthand experiences and anecdotes are invaluable contributions to our appreciation of these magnificent creatures. Let’s connect at Solopassport@gmail.com and celebrate the awe-inspiring beauty of wildlife together!
- The prices mentioned in the post are valid only at the time of publication. Ensure that you check the booking websites for up-to-date information and prices.
- Opinions and views expressed solely by me are unbiased. If the post is a collaboration, then they are specifically mentioned.
- Ensure that you check the relevant websites for up-to-date information on COVID protocols.
- For any adventurous activities, please note that there is a risk that can be dangerous. Ensure you read the terms and conditions recommended by individual agencies and do them at your own risk.
- For visas, it is best to see the embassy website for changing rules.
- While using the recommended guides, auto-drivers or taxi drivers, do your due diligence and trust your judgement.
How can you support me?
You know how much I love coffee, so you can buy me a coffee – Buy me Coffee!
Or you can purchase from one of the below travel resources without any extra charge to you:
Book your flight on Skyscanner.com or Trip.com
Reserve your accommodation on Stay22
Reserve your stay at a hostel on HostelWorld
Use RentalCars or DiscoverCars for hiring self-driven cars
Book your tours and travels or purchase tickets on Viator or GetYourGuide
For a universal SIM card, use DrimSim
Buy comprehensive travel insurance on SafetyWing and WorldNomads
Do you have a question? Do you want any suggestions and tips for travel, hikes, and scuba dives? Use the Subscription box below to sign up and get updates by email.