From past few days I have been busy planning an itinerary for my best friend Akshata, as she will be soon visiting Sydney. Her trip is planned for 10 days. Earlier this week, Akshata sent me an email appreciating how well I have planned for her and how I have ensured that every item of the bucket list is met. And that is when I realized, why not publish the itinerary, so anyone visiting Sydney for 10 days can use it.
Note: The itinerary does not include the flight timings and I have written the post with respect to Akshata executing it.
- For FREE things to do in Sydney, refer my section – Free things to do in Sydney.
- For a night person who loves to party and try new bars and pubs – read my separate blog – Night life in Sydney!
- To know about the annual festivals/events in Sydney, refer What’s on Sydney?
Day 1: Darling Harbour
Since this is day 1, I have not planned any sightseeing in the morning. But Akshata will be heading to a near by cafe for breakfast.
Akshata’s day is scheduled to start at noon.
In the afternoon, she will be exploring Darling Harbour. The nearest train station to walk down to Darling Harbour is Town Hall station.
Suggestion is that she strolls along the waterfront. And visit Chinese Garden of Friendship. It is a beautiful garden and I definitely can spend couple of hours there undoubtedly.
- Website: https://www.darlingharbour.com/things-to-do/chinese-garden-of-friendship/
- Cost: AUD 6 per person (only by cash)
- Tip: Definitely try the tea if possible
If she has additional time in the afternoon, she will be heading to Powerhouse museum. It is definitely worth a visit.
- Website: https://maas.museum/powerhouse-museum/
- Cost: AUD 15 per person
In the evening, I would be meeting Akshata at Town Hall station and we would be taking a train to Bondi Junction and then a bus from Bondi Junction to Bondi beach.
We plan to do the beautiful and most famous coastal walk – Bondi to Coogee. It is a 6 kilometers walk along the spectacular coast line.
- My blog: Bondi to Coogee
- Cost: FREE
Day 2 to 4: Fraser Island
I have detailed out the complete itinerary for Fraser Island separately. If you do not wish to fly down to Fraser Island, you can plan to visit Port Stephens for a day and Jervis Bay for the next two days. There is a bus tour for both these places.
Day 5: Circular Quay
Again on this day, Akshata’s day is scheduled to start at noon. Akshata will be having lunch at Chat Thai at Circular Quay.
After having lunch, she would be heading to Bridge Climb office at the Rocks. She has been booked for a complete 3.5 hours of Bridge Climb. How cool is that!
Since I knew how much Akshata loves Sydney Opera House, I have booked a play for both of us at the Opera house. We would be watching the play by Shakespeare – Antony and Cleopatra.
- Website: https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/
- Cost: AUD 45 per person
Day 6: Kiama
Akshata would be taking a train from Central station to Kiama station. This day she would be exploring the Kiama blowhole, Kiama lighthouse and Bombo beach.
- Cost: Train fare
- Transport website: https://transportnsw.info/
- Sight seeing: FREE
Day 7: Blue Mountains
A day trip to the Three Sisters is a must do when you are in Sydney.
So Akshata will be taking a train to Katoomba station from Central station. A bus runs between Katoomba and Three Sisters.
- Cost: Train and bus fare
- Transport website: https://transportnsw.info/
- Bus website: http://www.trolleytours.com.au/
- Sightseeing: FREE
There are plenty of walks ranging from easy to difficult in the Blue mountains. I suggest that she does the Three Sisters Walk which is an easy 1 kilometer return walk.
Day 8: Sydney Opera House & museum
Since Akshata is obsessed with Opera House, I have planned for a tour. It is a Sydney Opera House tour, which is a guided tour that covers the history and stories of Opera house.
- Website: https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/visit-us/tours-and-experiences/english-tour-1718.html
- Cost: AUD 33.30 per person if booked online
Just on the other side of Circular Quay is the Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA). Akshata will visit the art museum.
- Website: https://www.mca.com.au/whats-on/guided-tours/guided-tour-jon-campbell-word/
- Cost: Entrance is FREE
- My blog: Art is where Work meets Love
We are starting for our road trip to Narooma.
Day 9 and 10: Islands in Sydney Harbour or Travel to Narooma & Bermagui
Read my blogs for either of them:
Day 10: Taronga Zoo
Another must do in Sydney is the Taronga Zoo. It has a variety of animals and it provides great views of the harbour from the zoo.
- Website: https://taronga.org.au/taronga-zoo
- Cost: AUD 41.40 per person if booked online
We will end the day with 9D experience and bowling. The 9D experience and bowling are both at the Harbourside shopping centre in Darling Harbour.
- Website: http://www.9dactioncinemas.com.au/
- Cost: AUD 15 per person for a movie
- Website: https://www.kingpinbowling.com.au/activities/bowling
- Cost: approx. AUD 17 per person for one game
That concludes the 10 days full of adventure, fun and activities. 🙂 In case, you just have only 24 hours in Sydney, then read my post ‘24 hours in Sydney‘ to know what you can do.
If I have missed anything in this post for Sydney in 10 days, then do let me know in the comments section.
- 10 insta worthy spots in Sydney
- 5 cool things to do in Sydney
- Picture a beach – Bombo beach
- 10 places to see Milky Way in New South Wales